Popeye the Sailor Man. Love that guy. He made me love spinach, which is good for you. Although if I remember correctly, he also smoked a pipe which is not good for you. At all. So it’s good thing spinach eating the most memorable.
This soufflé is super easy… you basically can’t screw it up. I promise. Sounds incredibly fancy though, so use the fanciness to your advantage and bring it to a potluck dinner or framily party ( yep stole that word right from Sprint).
What you need:
1 package of frozen shopped spinach (thawed)
2 cups egg whites
1 sliced onion
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 tsp sea salt
dash of pepper
What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Slice the onion and cook it in a non stick skillet until it’s translucent with just a pad of butter or a splash of oil in a non stick pan. Let cool a little (I’m usually impatient so I stick my in the freezer for a couple of minutes).
2. Take out a casserole baking dish (I used an 8 inch one) and coat it with some Pam.
3. Mix spinach, onion, egg whites, cheeses, and salt & pepper and pour into dish. Confession: sometimes I just mix it right in the dish, because it means less dirty dishes to wash.
4. Bake for about 25-28 minutes or until done (meaning if you shake it a little, it shouldn’t jiggle). The cook time will vary if you use a different pan that I did so just keep an eye on it.
5. Let cool for a little and enjoy!