If you’re a nerd like me, here’s some brief health info on these ingredients:
1. Brussel Sprouts help prevent cancer, help detox our bodies, and act as an anti-inflammatory all at the same time. Not to mention, they are PACKED with antioxidant vitamins and minerals. Read in depth here
2. Hazelnut Oil is gluten-free and has healthy fats that lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol which reduces your risk of heart disease. It’s similar to olive oil with its high levels of Omega 9 and Omega 3 fatty acid and is one of the highest levels of healthy fats in regards to types of oils.
3. Pink Himalayan Salt is an unprocessed salt and has 84 minerals and elements including iodine. Read about Himalayan Salt here
What you need:
8-10 regular sized brussel sprouts (not frozen and not the baby ones
1 tbsp hazelnut oil (you can use olive oil if you don’t have hazelnut oil)
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Rinse the brussel sprouts and cut the ends off.
3. Peel the leaves off of each sprout and place in bowl. Leave the core of the sprout to the side to put it in the fridge for another time or boil it on the side.
4. Lightly toss the leaves in oil and salt and place on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees until the edges become brown and crispy. About 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!