To say that pizza is my favorite food of all time would be an understatement. I have ABSOLUTELY no self control when it comes to this food. Hence, I had to create a healthier option for the day when I decide to eat my own weight in pizza. Unfortunately, I attempted to make about 35 online recipes for paleo pizza all which failed miserably. From cauliflower pizza that came out like polenta to tapioca flour pizza which was like homemade play-dough when I baked it.
Alas, I made up my own, and I must say it’s pretty good.
2 ½ cups almond flour
½ cup tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp oil
¼ cup almond milk or regular milk (mine was expired so I used almond milk)
1/2 tsp natures seasoning
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp oregano
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a stand up mixer (or hand held). The dough should be sticky.
3. Coat pizza pan or stone with olive oil spray. I baked my pizza on a pizza stone. If you don’t have one, try baking it in a convection oven.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
5. Take out of oven and put pizza toppings on the crust. To make the whole pizza paleo, I believe you must leave out the cheese OR used aged cheese, however I love cheese FAR too much to leave this vital ingredient out. Bake for 8-10 more minutes. You can also put the oven on broil if you’re impatient. Then take out and eat at your leisure …or engulf the entire thing, I won’t judge.
If you’re wondering where the other half of the pizza is, I devoured it before I got around to taking a picture. Yep, that happened.