Gluten free, sugar-free, fake sugar-free, grain free… muffins that taste GOOD. Sidebar: I was at Panera the other day and saw that my favorite the ‘pumpkin muffin’ is 590 calories. That’s A LOT of gym time.
This is what happens when there is 2.5 feet of blizzard snow outside waiting to be shoveled, I put on my parka and gloves and head outside. HA no I don’t, I make MUFFINS and dream of Hawaii.
Actually, this is what I feel like right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcR19y7GPM
Haha ok for real now, this is how to make these healthy muffins:
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp almond butter
3 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 small apples (I used Gala)
*Option- Sometimes I switch it up and put blueberries, dried cranberries, or crushed nuts instead of the apples depending on what I have in the house or what I feel like eating)*
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash bananas in a bowl. Add honey and almond butter.
3. Beat eggs, vanilla, and oil in a small bowl and add to banana mixture.
4. Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together and add to wet mixture. Add apples in and hand mix.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake tray. I like to spray the tray with Pam really well, and then cook muffins without muffin liners. I think it’s easier to eat and is more environmentally friendly (even if it is in the smallest way possible haha).
*Mini muffins are great too*
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool and enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from crossfitfrederick.com)