Sounds disgusting, but I promise you these brownies actually taste like chocolate. You cannot even detect the slightest hint of black bean AND the best part is that it’s practically all healthy for you. When I tell people about these brownies, they ask “what’s the point? Why not just have a brownie if you want them that badly?”
Here’s the answer: When you’re eating healthy, one of the worst things you can do is give in to your cravings for something bad for you, such as a brownie, because it’s harder to stay on track after you give in once. However, sometimes you just really want some chocolate! So, by having these brownies, you can win on both sides- trick your brain into being satisfied while still being healthy.
VALENTINES VERSION: Make a strawberry sauce topping by cooking some strawberries (cut in half) with a few tsp of agave for about 8-10 minutes on the stove. Pour on top of brownies and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
1 can of black beans (drained)
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder (use Bakers, Nestle, or Ghiradelli- I used a generic brand last time and there was a significant difference in taste)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can use walnuts here in place of the chocolate if you prefer or use both!)
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 9 inch pan with Pam. Drain beans.
2. Blend beans, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a food processor until smooth.
3. Add cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend until mixed.
4. Add 1/4 chocolate chips. Blend just enough to chop of some of the chocolate chips in the blender. Hand mix the rest of the chocolate chips into the mixture so they will be whole.
5. Pour into pan. Cook for 18-20 minutes. Don’t overcook, or it will be cakey. In my oven, it cooks in about 18 minutes, and I take the pan out when it doesn’t jiggle in the center.
Cool completely and enjoy!
(This recipe was adapted from chowdivine.com.)
3 Comments Add yours
hello, this are an nice article.
hello, there is a nice post.
florida state seminoles jersey
I couldn’t resist commenting. Well written!